- Must be a current USPA member
- At least 18 years of age
- Holds or has held any USPA instructional rating, (Coach*, SL, IAD or Tandem)
- *One year as a USPA Coach or 500 jumps minimum*
- USPA C license or higher
- Documentation of six hours of freefall time
The course will start on the first scheduled day promptly at 8 a.m. Please bring your USPA membership card and log book for verification of course requirements. The course can take 5-7 days depending on the number of candidates.
To be successful you must complete all sections of the AFF Instructor Proficiency Card and have satisfactory scores for the following:
- Cat. C ground prep
- Cat. D ground prep
- Cat. C evaluation jump, main side
- Cat. C evaluation jump, reserve side
- Cat. D evaluation jump
- 2-4 candidates; $650 per candidate
- 5 or more; $600 per candidate
- Private 1 on 1 course; $1000
There is a $100 non-refundable deposit required to reserve a slot in the course. The deposit goes towards your registration fee. There is a $50 USPA AFF Instructor rating fee upon successful completion of the course.
In addition candidates are responsible for all jump slots and video expenses, (if video is desired), during their evaluation process.
Candidate(s) will be responsible for any expenses occurred by the Course Examiner due to travel, lodging or on-site transportation.
SVPS offers a pre-course at a rate of $175 per day, (plus slots), for up to 2 candidates with a maximum of 5 jumps. This fee can be shared between the candidates. SVPS has a 10 jump program that will help you prepare for the real thing! Additional days can be arranged at the same daily rate.
*rates subject change*
Download Instructional Course